My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Monday, September 20, 2010

My little red dress. Tah dah!!

I love the idea of altered clothing. Of perpetuating the life of a loved piece by changing it's look/style, but keeping the essence of that piece.
I would love one day, to have something I've created from pre-loved clothing, published in Stampington's Altered Couture. Sigh..... But then, who knows? It could happen, right??  :)


This is the tale of a much loved little, long, red dress that I used to feel good in. Maybe even a little sexy in.  Until I started to get bulges in all those places that made me feel not so good in that little, long, red dress. Sadly, I decided I couldn't wear it anymore. You know how it goes? I'll just keep this fab little number coz I'm sure to fit into it again one day, some day........none day!!!
But I couldn't let go of that sweet thing, and I still have it.....mmmm, around 30 years later! It's very soft and flowy, falls well, body hugging and has a long split up the front.


So a few weeks ago I decided that it was all so stupid to keep on like this. I was never going to fit back into it and feel sexy again, so it was for the chop! and taking in a bit at the waist.
Wasn't too hard to do either because it's a lovely stretch fabric.
......and given how sensible we can be sometimes as we age, I now have a very different dress that I can wear sensibly, in a number of ways.


These are just two of them.
Sexy....not. Quirky.....maybe.
These days I'm happy to settle for quirky.



You have to be willing to give up the life you planned for, in order to live the life that's waiting for you.  ~  Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I read every one of them, and will either respond with a return email or leave a comment here or at your blog, if you have one.

~~"Dare to Dream"
~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...