My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Friday, September 24, 2010

My Creatively Easy Peasy...um....Space and Dinner At My House!!!!

Ok, so I'm brutalizing those birdies with the dreaded stone again!! Only this time it's 3 and not 2 of the poor li'l things!
My contribution to Easy Peasy Dinner Winners over at Frog, Goose and Bear for this week (running a whole lot late am I!!!) is

PLAIN OL', BUT SCRUMPTIOUS PUMPKIN SOUP

Ingredients:

Around 500gr pumpkin peeled and cut into roughly big bite size pieces  I used Jap
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped or crushed (optional)
2 to 3 cups stock  I use vegetable but if you're a meat eater then chicken would probably be very nice instead and give a slightly different flavour I imagine.
Your choice of dairy product  eg., cream, yoghurt, milk, coconut cream/milk
salt and pepper to taste
(Bit of a note here: I sometimes wonder if 3 cups of stock makes the flavour a bit wishy washy, but then I don't put salt in until after the dish is cooked, if even then. I think though that this can depend on the quality of the pumpkin and whatever is added before serving.)


Fry onion in about 1 tablespoon of oil until clear.
Add the chopped pumpkin and cook stirring for a few mins, adding the garlic (if using) at the end of this time.
Add the stock to the pot, bring to the boil and then simmer until pumpkin is tender/cooked. This doesn't take very long at all!

Whizz, blend or Bamix the soup in batches (unless you would prefer a chunky soup, in which case leave about 1/3 unwhizzed).
Return soup to the pot and re-heat.

Now the best thing about this soup is that you can flavour each serve in it's individual dishes just before you serve to each slurper!
Just add a dollop of the dairy product of choice from the options above.


I usually love cream, although yoghurt adds a great flavour too. Season as you please with salt and pepper. Then we sprinkle chopped garlic chives over the top and we ate this lot with some very yummy sourdough Wild Seed bread from Sol Breads here in Brisbane.

It's a fab soup to experiment with. I've even tried it with some chilli sauce and coconut milk, added just before eating. Unfortunately I didn't have any coriander on hand which I think might have made it even better!!  :)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



This is what I've been up to this week at my house, in my creative space! (Kirsty's taking a week off at the mo, but you could still have a squizz at earlier spaces couldn't you?! Course you can! Trust me to pick a week to join in when it's not happening! LOL)
Think this one will be a wee bit quirky, but I'm sure I'm gonna luv the result.


This one is a bit of a re-vamp for The Chocolate Crow for next month.



Never be afraid to re-invent yourself, and always move forward, no matter what. ~ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I read every one of them, and will either respond with a return email or leave a comment here or at your blog, if you have one.

~~"Dare to Dream"
~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...