My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Monday, July 26, 2010

More tutorials, recipes and a bit of Google?

I've found some more sites with fabulous small craft tutorials and yummo recipes for you to try, and you'll also find the links to these sites in my right hand column.
The first is Rook No. 17. Jenn's tag line is Recipes, crafts and creative nesting. Sounds all homey and comfy doesn't it?
She's still building her blog up, but you'll find all sorts of things under the categories at the top of the page. There is always something wonderful happening over at Rook No 17 so do yourself a favour and pop over there and say hi!  :)

Image courtesy Rook No 17
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Filling
What a hoot of a name for a recipe, yes!!??  :))

Image courtesy Rook No 17
Ephemera Cameo Wreath
How clever is this one?
Image courtesy Rook No 17
Flower Fairy Cupcake Topper/Party Favor Tutorial
Jenn's own specialty!


Another one I just stumbled upon purely by accident while looking for another pattern for an apron
is called Hillbilly Housewife, and I hope she doesn't mind me using this pic from her site. This is a link to her web site, but she does have a blog as well.

 
Image courtesy of Hillbilly Housewife

In her own words........
"I’m Susanne, the owner and creator of the Hillbilly Housewife. The focus here is on low-cost, home-cooking from scratch. The recipes are all tested in a real kitchen with hungry children, stalking cats, begging puppies and a playful husband underfoot. The ingredients are affordable and readily available in most areas."

Sounds good hey? and we can all use any help we can get these days to help in our homes can't we?
It is an American site so some of the ingredients or materials she mentions might not be readily available here in Australia, but I'm sure we can put most of her recommendations into action and find substitutes for those ingredients and materials.
I haven't had a chance to look right through the site yet, but it certainly promises much. I'll definitely be going back for a longer look.


I'm also giving another well deserved heads up to Diane's extremely helpful and resourceful blog, Craftypod.


Diane not only has ebooks, tutorials & online classes, and great little podcasts, but she has hugely helpful tips and hints for those of us out there in blogland that would like some help building and improving our blogs!

This particular heads up is for the series of  Google Analytic Tricks for Crafters. This is the first  in the series and if you're interested in your blog's stats and knowing where your readers come from, then I'm sure this series will interest you.



My whole life is an experiment....... sometimes I get surprising results. ~ C. Erdmann


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...