My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Monday, February 13, 2012

Milestone for my sister + a Meme

My sister celebrated her BIG 60 on Saturday up the Sunshine Coast at Woombye.
It was a lovely afternoon tea with snacks, family and friends.


The cake was a huge surprise to her believe me! Her daughters had it made up specially with the pic of her as the topper! Her youngest, Kylie, who is a photographer, had taken the pic a few years ago for a project she was working on. It's not like there are bathtub shots of Sandy sitting around all over the place you know!  lol. 


and here's the birthday girl herself shoving daintily eating said cake  :)))) and that's Kara the eldest daughter, who made the gorgeous bunting you see in the background......and below.


Very simple and easy but oh so effective. Good job Kara!  x


She has cut it from scrapbooking paper(glued together for double sidedness) and then added tiny wee little eyelets to each corner of the triangles and then threaded them all up. Voila.....very pretty bunting for a party atmosphere.


Just for good measure here's a pic of the setting sun through the car window as we drove home. It looks so very pretty doncha think? The tiny mountain you see is Mt Tibrogargan, part of the Glass House Mountains up here in Queensland. It's actually much bigger than it looks here and it's a very popular place for hikers and rock climbers to visit. Ooh look I've now got an educational and informative blog!  :))
But we were all taken with how that huge cloud cast an equally huge shadow on the clouds above it. Bit of an eerie effect, yes?
I was very pleasantly surprised that this shot turned out so well given the time of the evening and the fact that we were speeding along in the car at 110kph!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and because I'll be a bit busy this week with sewing and might not get back again for another post, I'm combining two here.

Vic over at Punky & Me has asked what's On The Wall for the theme for My Place and Yours this week......"Show us what’s on your wall! Your kitchen wall, your bedroom wall, both or neither, let us have a bit of a sticky beak!"

Kitchen
Hallway with old pics of ancestors into lounge/dining with my g.mother's beautiful railway clock.  Hat rack made by DH, that mostly holds the collection of peaked caps I collected for him when I went to Canada back in 2005.
Computer room wall right in front of where I sit at my pooter 
Want to show off what's on your wall or have a sticky at other people's walls? Pop over to Vic's and play MPAY!


We do not remember days; we remember moments. ~  Cesare Pavese

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sandy!!! Looks like you all gave her a lovely party.
    Lots of Chookie things in the kitchen and ancestors in the hall. Very nice Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your shelf in the computer room - the blue wine bottle is so cool, and really brightens up the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect end to a perfect day :) Love the desk under the caps :) Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Happy Birthday Sandy!! Looks like you all had a lovely time. Great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a girl after my own heart, no blank walls :) They look lovely as does life in general for your right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow wall with the old family photos; beautiful.

    Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam, I love the cake.Happy 60th to your sister. What a great idea! My little sister is turning 60 in June and we've been thinking about what to do. Thanks for the idea. I don't think we have any photos of her in a bubble bath, well there might be one I don't know about! Very interesting mountain and shadow shot. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I read every one of them, and will either respond with a return email or leave a comment here or at your blog, if you have one.

~~"Dare to Dream"
~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...