My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Some of my Christmas pretties


The oldest of them all and of course one of my most favs, I got this sweet snowman candle when I was in my twenties I think, which would have been around 30 years ago!!! Oh my that was a while ago.  :)
I've never had the heart to burn the wick and he's been taken care of very reverently every year.
(Do you see the little white hanging decoration just to the side of his head Jackie!?)  :))


Now these I just adore! They're only a few years old and plastic, but they are so like those gorgeous glass tree decorations that abounded in my childhood and earlier.
They have such a fabulous vintage look to them and I know that's what I love most about them. It's all about the memories hey?


It's late afternoon, but dark enough inside from the overcast sky outside for me to turn them on so you get a bit of an idea of them.

I do like a Santa theme! 

Over here to Punky & Me for more My Place and Yours. The last of the year actually! Enjoy!


Bl**dy Christmas, here again, let us raise a loving cup, peace on earth, goodwill to men, and make them do the washing up.  ~  Wendy Cope

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pam
    Loving your Chrissy display, I wasn't going to do the chrissy decs this year because we will be away but I have decided to pull out some of my favourite pieces and put them around thanks to your post. btw, I received my beautiful pieces from you and I just love them both but the little bird is my new treasure, thank you clever lady.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, Your snowman candle is adorable. I would not ever want to burn him either. Love the strand of old lights. Deck the halls!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam I love those lights! So very different and old worldy. Very cute white Angels Pam, I knew that they would get a good home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great display of Xmas goodies! Have finally pulled the tree out of storage but it's still waiting to be decorated!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Pam! Hope you have a lovely one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naaaw, it's all so cute & festive! Everybody loves Santa!!

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Santas. I have a bit of a soft spot for Santa statues. I'm going to have to hunt around to find where mine are stored! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE those santa lights! Everything looks wonderful & festive..x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I read every one of them, and will either respond with a return email or leave a comment here or at your blog, if you have one.

~~"Dare to Dream"
~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...