My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Friday, September 10, 2010

Easy Peasy Dinner Winners #1

I recently came across this great "join in" over at Frog, Goose and Bear and decided I wanted to be in it.
What a fabulous way to build up a list of very easy and so yummy recipes if you're not a great lover of cooking. I used to be funnily enough! No idea where the luv went!  :)
But when you have recipes as easy as these, there is really no excuse.

So.....my first contribution is a little number called
IMPOSSIBLE QUICHE
(can't remember where it came from now, but I think my mum introduced it to me and I've adapted it to suit myself over time)
It's one of those dishes where you mix everything together and it comes out the other end with a crust and topping! Easy peasy!!

Ingredients: 
3 eggs                       
1/2 cup SR flour (I personally use plain with baking powder added)
1 cup milk ~ I use whatever milk I have on hand in the fridge, which is usually rice milk and cow's milk and I will often substitute cream for some of the milk, and I think I've even used yoghurt at times!
salt and pepper (optional of course)
60gr butter, melted (I sometimes wonder if this isn't a little too much, but see what you think)

Mix all these together.
Now the original recipe says to sprinkle grated cheese over the top of it all but I grate about 50gr and add it at this mix together stage.


Pour this into a greased/oiled baking dish. I've used one that is 20cm(8") square but I would say you could use a slightly smaller size, or a round one, or sometimes I've even made individual baby quiches in cupcake pans lined with baking paper or cupcake papers(these tend to make the cooked quiche stick to the papers)

You then evenly add, over the mixture, whatever goodies you like to eat, eg. sundried tomatoes, sliced cherry tomatoes, crumbled fetta cheese, olives, mushrooms, bacon, frozen peas/corn, capsicum etc etc etc!! The scope is endless and this is why this dish is a wonderful pantry/store cupboard recipe. Just use whatever is on hand.
I also grated a little parmesan cheese over the top.


Pop it in an oven at 180c for about 50mins and voila! there you have it. Mind you, oven times will vary from oven to oven, and also depending on the size of dish you use. This is just something that you'll need to experiment with I suppose.  I think mine might be a tad too cooked!?
Great served with a salad, but would be equally scrummy with some steak or sausages (if you happen to be a carnivore!) or maybe even some oven fried chips if you're not into food combining!  :))

If you have a fabulously easy peasy recipe you'd like to share with us all or even if you'd like to see what else is on offer don't forget to pop over to Frog, Goose and Bear for a squizz or to join in.



I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate. ~ Julia Child
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...