My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Saturday, March 7, 2009

That giant one!

Here's that pic of the huge sunflower that I mentioned in the previous post. It came up on it's own in practically the same spot that the smaller one has. That's me holding the head of it up with a yard rake....with some difficulty I might add! :) The head was so heavy, and would have been the size of a large dinner plate, not counting the petals!! As I said, I am about 5' 2" and a bit, so you can see how tall it was. Even with the help of the rake, I still couldn't get the head up as high as it could go.

Well, I've been really busy racing to get my items finished for the change over on The Chocolate Crow for the 15th March. I was running late as usual. But I usually manage to make it.......just.

Mind you, if I hadn't decided to play with the collages and mixed media, there wouldn't have been any probs! :)) But still, I don't regret playing around coz I really enjoyed doing it and got more done than I would normally.

Because I did run out of time though, I used the collage that I showed in the previous post. Something a little different to what I would normally put up for The Crow.













My other two items are Easter themed. A prim make-do and (dare I say it) an"odd" little rabbit holding a large egg! :) I mentioned the make-do in a previous post and said I would wait until the 15th before I put it here on the blog. But I got to thinking and decided that it probably wouldn't matter either way.

Ciao! :)

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I have never in my life seen a sunflower that size! It almost looks like you are in Jack and the Beanstalk's garden....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolol! It does, doesn't it?!! Hadn't looked at it that way before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a humungous sunflower! Is there a section in the World Guiness Book of records for sunflowers?????
    And your Choc Crow items look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the little easter guys! specially the wee lil chik - he's too cute

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I read every one of them, and will either respond with a return email or leave a comment here or at your blog, if you have one.

~~"Dare to Dream"
~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...