My whole life is an experiment . . . sometimes I get surprising results. - C Erdmann

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Memories............

It's now only 9 days until Christmas Day! It's also a bit scary how fast the time is rushing along. Did it seem to go this fast when we were kids? Probably....but in a different way and for different reasons.


I've been thinking lately about how I'd like things to be at Christmas for me personally. I was telling a friend in an e mail a few days ago, that I have to admit to a "yearning" for a Christmas that is....traditional??? Not sure if that is what I mean. Don't suppose our family ever really celebrated it in a traditional way, but we did have a holiday together with other members of the family. I do have fond memories of these times that were spent at our grandparents holiday house that was at Golden Beach, Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. My most vivid memories are of spending the time with my aunty and three cousins at this house. I remember swimming a lot, trying to stay awake to see Santa arrive and cyclones! There always seemed to be at least one every year we were there. Unfortunately the house was sold way before it should ever have been. (((sigh)))

The top pic is me and mum. Weren't we the chic girls about town! Lol. The other is of my sister, me and our cousins.

I suppose, in retrospect, I must have been thinking like this for a few years now, especially when I look at a mixed media project I made last Christmas. I called it "Christmas Lost then Found", and I have used photos of my own family and remember thinking about how I seem to have lost the whole Christmas "feeling". Quite sad really. I'm not a religious person, but it does seem that our Christmas times have even lost the family concept and feel. Think I might set myself on a mission to change all that......in this house at least! Bit late to start this year, but it will give me a whole year to plan a really good celebration.

Have been busy finishing a very sweet little Christmas Annie for a lovely customer of mine, and will be posting it off tomorrow. I sent her a pic of it and she says she loves it! I've dressed her in vintage chenille and given her a tiny prim tree to hold. There's that chenille coming to the fore again! :) Just love it!
Well thanks for listening to the ramblings again.
Be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I read every one of them, and will either respond with a return email or leave a comment here or at your blog, if you have one.

~~"Dare to Dream"
~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...